Elementary Montessori Credential
The Montessori method is a child-centered educational approach that incorporates self-directed activity, hands-on learning and collaborative play. Children are able to make creative choices in their learning, while the classroom and the teacher offer activities to guide the process.
With a CMTC Elementary Montessori Credential, you can provide support for the development of the whole child — physical, emotional, cognitive, social, and spiritual — in a thoughtfully prepared learning environment. You will be prepared to lead a Montessori classroom.
There are two phases that include the same summer intensive classes and nine month practicum, but render different certificate levels based on your current level of education.
- Full Track: Renders a full Montessori Credential (provided you have earned a Bachelor’s degree or higher).
- Associates Track: Renders Montessori Associate Certificate (provided you have earned an Associates degree).
- Professional Development Track: Take weekly courses a-la-carte to render Continuing Education Units (CEU’s) for professional development hours only.
Who Should Enroll
- K-12 licensed teachers seeking a Montessori credential to teach in private or public Montessori schools
- Persons with a bachelor’s or associate’s degrees seeking a Montessori credential to teach in a public or private Montessori school.