The CMTC (Christian Montessori Training Center International) exists to educate, equip, and empower university students and adult learners so they may offer life giving, Montessori-centered educational experiences to children stateside and worldwide.
Code of Ethics
A Montessori educator shall:
- Encourage independent action in the pursuit of learning;
- Protect the opportunity to provide for participation in educational programs without regard to race, sex, color, creed, or national origin;
- Protect the health and safety of students;
- Honor professional commitments and maintain obligations and contracts while never soliciting nor involving students or their parents in schemes for financial gain;
- Keep in confidence information that has been secured in the course of professional service, unless disclosure serves professional purposes or is required by law;
- Share in the responsibility for developing policy relating to the extension of educational opportunity for all and for interpreting educational programs and policies to the public.
- Not interfere with nor exploit the rights and responsibilities of colleagues within the teaching profession;
- Extend just and equitable treatment to all members of the Montessori education profession;
- Represent his or her own professional qualification with clarity and true intent;
- Apply for, accept, offer, recommend, and assign professional positions and responsibilities on the basis of professional preparation and legal qualifications;
- Use honest and effective methods of administering duties, use of time, and conducting business.
Note: This code of ethics is derived, though not in full, from the AMS Code of Ethics.